Gynecomastia is genetic health condition that is seen in infants and boys during puberty. There are multiple reasons why this Gynecomastia affects males during teenage and older people who are 65 years old or more. Among guys it’s during the puberty period. Gynecomastia is generally a disease which affects mostly juvenile boys and older males. In juvenile guys, this disease goes gradually. As they grow hormones becomes stable.
This health condition occur when production of androgen comes down and production of estrogen increases. This estrogen helps in growth of hormone resulting in swelling of tissues in the breasts. There are many other causes for Gynecomastia that helps in growing the size of breast. Many people have a misconception about this health condition that this is the cause of extra fat in the breast but these actually cause of extra breast tissue. Over 75% of Gynecomastia during puberty cases are resolved in one year.
- Drug therapy is most common cause of Gynecomastia. Side effects of medication can sometime result in Gynecomastia. There are certain drugs, which help in causing this Gynecomastia. Here are the drugs that are associated with Gynecomastia. Usage of some antibiotics like ketoconazole and metronidazole causes Gynecomastia. Anti-ulcer drugs sometimes cause this weird disease. Ace inhibitor drugs we take for hypertension also cause Gynecomastia. This is called as non-physiologic Gynecomastia.
- Sometimes usage of lavender oil and tree oil in skin-care products cause Gynecomastia.
- Testosterone growth levels drop when the human body fails to get adequate nutrition, but whereas adrenal glands keep on producing estrogens that would result in hormonal imbalances ultimately you will end up with Gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia also affects new born baby. This happens when estrogens pass through the placenta from mother to baby. As baby grows this Gynecomastia keep disappearing and vanishes in some weeks of time.
Patients who have kidney failures are infected with this disease. Kidney patients experience hormonal imbalances due to suppression of testosterone production resulting in Gyno. Health conditions like malabsorption such as cystic fibrosis or ulcerative colitis sometimes cause Gyno.
Tumors also result in Gynecomastia. Tumors like adrenocortical, pituitary gland tumors can produce hormones that can cause imbalance in hormone growth that result in Gynecomastia. Person who got treated prostate cancer with androgen deprivation therapy also gets affected with this Gynecomastia.
- Thyroids disorders also sometimes cause Gynecomastia.
- Consuming too much of alcohol is also one reason for this Gynecomastia.
- Klinefelter’s syndrome is one rare disorder that causes Gynecomastia.
- Infection in testicles is also one cause for this health disorder.
Cirrhosis, testicular cancer, bronchogenic carcinoma, renal failure and feminizing adrenal carcinoma are some serious cause of Gynecomastia, which cannot be ignored. Whatever be the cause of Gynecomastia it must be cured with good medication. Ignoring this disease may cause severe health issues that can hard to get treated. It is good you get treated for happy and healthy life.